Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Slept On Music Begins

Welcome to Slept on Music, where at least once a week I will bring some quality music to light which I feel either has been or will be under-appreciated. Because of the structure of the music industry many talented artists get lost in the fray and go unnoticed, with their music unheard. This is a shame, and I am trying to do my small part to help change the tide in the direction of the underdogs.

But first let me tell you a little about myself. My name is Ari Sandoval, I am 20, go to San Francisco State University, and am an avid lover of music. I both play the drums and rap. I've been spending most my energy on drumming lately and am drumming for two bands, both based out of San Francisco which are:
Audiopharmacy- a conscious eclectic mix of hiphop, reggae, world etc.
91 Owl- a jazzy funk/hiphop band

I'm also interning at IDC which is the largest independent record distribution company in the US which just exclusively distributed Black Sheep's From the Black Pool of Genius.

I hope to spread good music to those who appreciate it, and want to thank you for checking this out. Check out this ill song by KRS-One featuring RZA called 1-2, Here's What We Gonna Do off his new album Meta Historical, produced by True Masta.